User:Toussaint/List of CSS frameworks
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
A list of CSS frameworks.
- 960 Grid System + Fluid 960
- In a nod to grid design used in print systems, the 960 grid system makes available a 12- or 16-column grid system, with the user specifying the width of each layer as grid_XX, where XX is the width in columns. The Fluid 960 Framework incorporates AJAX into the structure to create a more extensible layout.
- CSS Framework which unites the styling across different browsers and provides basic styles for cross-browser forms, does not have any layout styles; weighs under 4kB.
- Blueprint CSS
- BlueTripCSS Framework: combines Blueprint, Tripoli, Elements, and Hartija CSS frameworks
- The jQuery CSS Framework: for building custom jQuery widgets
- Logic CSS Framework, targets XHTML Strict and has PHP utilities and builders
- NivelStyle CSS Framework: A Layout CSS Framework a concept to build sites
- That Standards Guy! CSS Framework
- The Golden Grid
- Typogridphy: A Typographical and Grid Layout CSS Framework
- For those looking to create typographic or text-heavy layouts, Typogridphy uses ems to measure and scale all text, creating a fully zoomable layout. Based on the 960 Grid System (see above). Validates CSS and XHTML Strict.
- Yahoo! UI Grids
- Yet Another Multicolumn Layout (YAML) (not to be confused with YAML)
- A comprehensive framework designed to allow easy structuring of a layouts, and be cross-browser compatible. Large community support. Also check out the YAML Builder for a GUI-approach to creating a YAML-based layout.
- CSS for Ruby on Rails
- CSS Cacheer
- Compass: A Sass-based stylesheet framework that contains ports of Blueprint and YUI.