Virtual Library museums pages
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
The Virtual Library museums pages (VLmp) form a leading directory of online museums around the world. The resource was founded by Jonathan Bowen in 1994, originally at the Oxford University Computing Laboratory in the United Kingdom. It is supported by the International Council of Museums (ICOM) and Museophile. The main site moved to London South Bank University and is now hosted as a wiki on Wikia.
The directory is organized in a distributed manner by country with around twenty people in different countries maintaining various sections. Canada, through the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN), was the first country to become involved. The MDA maintained the United Kingdom section of museums, now the Collections Trust.
- ↑ Bowen, J.P., Weaving the Museum Web: The Virtual Library museums pages. Program: Electronic Library and Information Systems, 36(4):236–252, 2002.
- ↑ Bowen, J.P., The Virtual Library museums pages (VLmp): Whence and Whither? In David Bearman and Jennifer Trant (eds.), Museums and the Web, 1997: Selected Papers, pages 9–25, Archives & Museum Informatics, 5501 Walnut Street, Suite 203, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232-2311, USA, 1997.
- ↑ ICOM VLmp website.
- ↑ VLmp: The Virtual Library museums pages. ICOM News: Newsletter of the International Council of Museums, 52(1&2):9, 1999.
- ↑ Virtual Library museums pages, Wikia.
- ↑ Museums around the UK on the Web, MDA, Archive.org, 2008.
- ↑ Museums around the UK on the Web, Collections Trust, United Kingdom.
|File:Crystal Clear mimetype html.png||This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|