Virtual Museum of Computing
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
The Virtual Museum of Computing (VMoC) is an eclectic collection of links and online resources concerning the history of computers and computer science . It includes links to other related museums, both real and virtual, around the world, as well as having its own virtual galleries of information. A particular feature is the early computing pioneer Alan Turing, among others.
This virtual museum was founded by Jonathan Bowen in 1994, originally at the Oxford University Computing Laboratory in the United Kingdom. It is now supported by Museophile and also forms part of the Virtual Library museums pages, hosted at London South Bank University and mirrored around the world.
- ↑ Virtual Museum of Computing Web Site. IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, 18(4):67, 1996.
- ↑ Bowen, J. P. et al., The Development of Science Museum Websites: Case Studies, In Leo Tan Wee Hin and Ramanathan Subramaniam (eds.), E-learning and Virtual Science Centers, Section 3: Case Studies, Chapter XVIII, pages 366–392. Idea Group Publishing, Hershey, USA, 2005.
- Virtual Museum of Computing website
- Virtual Museum of Computing on Archive.org:
- VMoC ICOM mirror websiteTemplate:UK-museum-stub
|File:Crystal Clear mimetype html.png||This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|