From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please improve this article if you can. (July 2009)|
A Vook blends a well-written book, high-quality video and the power of the Internet into a single, complete story.
Vooks are available in two formats: As a web-based application you read on your computer and a mobile application for reading on the go. With the web-based application there are no programs to download or software to install. A version of each title is available for download on an iPhone or iPod Touch through the Apple iTunes store. Both applications allow the user to read a book, watch videos and connect with the author and friends on one screen, without changing platforms.
Vook officially launched October 1, 2009 with four debut titles, published in partnership with Atria, an imprint of Simon and Schuster: Promises, a romance by Jude Deveraux, The 90 Second Fitness Solution, a fitness book by Pete Cerqua, Embassy, a thriller by Richard Doetsch and Return to Beauty, a health book by Narine Nikogosian.
Company Website: http://vook.com
- ↑ Rich, Motoko (September 30, 2009). "Curling Up With Hybrid Books, Videos Included". The New York Times. http://http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/01/books/01book.html?_r=1&src=twt&twt=nytimes.
- ↑ Italie, Hillel (October 1, 2009). "NY publisher releases Deveraux novel as video book". The Associated Press. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jJxdL1cfCy9Z41UhWftCCAZ98gWAD9B20R904.
- ↑ Plesser, Andy (September 30, 2009). "Video: Simon & Schuster Authors on "Game-Changing" Platform for Digital Book/Video Hybrid with a new "Vook"". The Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-plesser/simon-schuster-authors-on_b_305797.html.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Inman
- ↑ Stone, Brad (April 4, 2009). "Is This the Future of the Digital Book?". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/business/05stream.html.
|File:Crystal Clear action run.png||This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|