From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (October 2007)|
Waka was conceived by Roy Fielding of REST fame, and described in a 2002 ApacheCon presentation. It is still under development. As of August 2006, waka was "all done in my head, it's not on paper though. ... I'm almost to the point where I can make it an open project."
Some of waka's features include:
- New request semantics (new methods for monitoring and authoring resources)
- Self-descriptive (explicit type, scope, binding of response to request)
- Allow unsolicited responses
- Uniform syntax regardless of type and direction
- Extensible via URIs
- Client-side macros
The waka protocol is named after a type of Maori canoe.
- ApacheCon presentation on waka
- A conversation with Roy Fielding about HTTP, REST, WebDAV, JSR 170, and waka
- WS-Transfer, WAKA and the Web
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|