From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Slogan||Your Ultimate Seminole Source!|
|Type of site||Sports News & Fan Interaction|
|Registration||Yes & No (depending on individual usage)|
|Created by||Gene Williams|
Warchant.com is one of the leading  sites in the Rivals.com Network, which itself is the Collegiate News & Fan Communication division of Yahoo.com.
It is the Site that covers all Florida State University Athletics, with an emphasis on Football, Baseball, and Basketball News and Recruiting.
The Premium services include:
- Daily updates to in-season athletics
- Press Conference, Coach&Player Interview Video Clips
- Lightning Fast Updates of Latest FSU News
- Text and News Alerts
If interested in the Premium Services of Warchant.com, start here.
Among the standing features are:
- 17 Message Boards for Fan Interaction
- Multiple research pages that include:
- Athletic Stats
- Historical Data
and much, much more.
Most of the Message Boards are free to use, but registration is required.
Warchant.com was launched in 1995 as a Florida State University Fan Site and quickly gained fan support with the new style of interactive format for fans via both Message Boards and availability to local members of the press. Initially, it was located at FSUNoles.com. A few years later, after attaining a pretty solid number of site members, it moved to Warchant.com. There, the site went through several changes in design, yet maintained the more popular aspects and expanded the features. Since joining the Rivals.com Network, the appearance has not changed as often as in the early part of the 2000s, but the staff continually accepts suggestions for site improvement and is always upgrading the features available when the opportunity allows for it.
Gene Williams is the founder and administrator of Warchant.com and writes stories and features covering all of FSU's sports with an emphasis on football and football recruiting. For seven years, Williams hosted a weekly sports radio show in Tallahassee, Florida. He currently appears as a weekly guest on 1010 XL Sports Radio in Jacksonville, Florida and WNLS 1270 The Team in Tallahassee during football season. Williams is also a former ACC correspondent for College Football News (weekly national newspaper), and contributes to The Osceola, a newspaper which exclusively covers FSU Sports. Along the way, Warchant.com grew at such a pace that the Staff now includes the Zookeeper of the Animals of Section B-Drew Hankin, writers from The Osceola, and former FSU Football athletes, Peter Tom Willis and Keith Jones.
Premium Level (Pay):
- The Tribal Council
- This is the Board where Breaking News is posted and discussed.
- The Tribal Council Club Level
- For Premium Users who have been with the Site for 12 months or longer, this Board is accessible for use.
- Premium Recruiting Board
- Breaking News and "Nugget" Updates are provided here throughout the year.
- The Blog Board
- Board used by Moderators and Administrators for various purposes, including editorials.
- Football Message Board
- Discuss FSU Football here.
- Gameday Forum
- On Gamedays, talk to other fans in realtime as the games unfold.
- Section B Online Message Board - Baseball
- The SBOMB-where knowledgeable (and sometimes zany) Baseball Fans reside.
- Seminole Hoops Talk
- Hardwood discussion never dies here.
- Pro and General Sports Forum
- Love the NFL, NHL, MLB, NASCAR, NBA, etc.? Talk about it all!
- Ticket & Trades Forum
- Have extra Tickets to Sell or need some?
- Smack Board
- Feel like sparring with fans of opposing fans? Do so here.
- The Locker Room
- Discuss Movies, TV, Family, Life, etc. here. Never leave your humor behind when in the Locker Room!
- The Raucous Caucus
- Spar, Hug, or Debate with other Politicos here.
- FSU Olympic Sports
- For All Sports not having its own Board.
- Florida State Academics
- Discuss any Academic Issues or Proposals here
- Warchant Technical Center
- For Internet & Site Use Problems
- Tomahawk Board
- Uneditable Board for posterity
- Recruit Database
- Football News
- Football Recruiting News
- Basketball News
- Basketball Recruiting
- Baseball News
- ↑ Love of sports lured Williams away from law career, Hait, Brett. August 25, 2003.
- Florida State University
- Warchant.com: A Visual History
- Official Florida State University Athletics Site
- Official Online Site of the Animals of Section B