From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
The Java based product enables developers to add enterprise web services integration to their legacy applications with little or no programming effort. It is intended as an embeddable product (small footprint) to quickly turn a non web service enabled application into one which exposes functionality as web services. Similar to the open source Apache Axis, the Glue product is about providing a layer of web service operability with existing applications.
- little or no coding to expose application functionality as webServices
- standalone operation if required (does not require an application server)
- fast local messaging
- transparent Java/XML integration
- web services standards support
- small memory footprint
Created by The Mind Electric, GLUE as it was then named was the company's flagship product. It was released in two flavours: the free unsupported "Standard" version and the company supported but commercial licensed "Professional" edition.
In September 2003 GLUE featured in a Microsoft Press book titled "Microsoft .NET and J2EE Interoperability Toolkit.".
HTTP, Servlets, XML, SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 webMethods web services Development
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 orielly 2001 article on GLUE
- ↑ webMethods to offer OEM license of Glue
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Glue3.0 release article
- ↑ Glue detailed feature list
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 cnet article "WebMethods buys a new direction"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Glue 4.1 released Article
- ↑ Glue featured in Microsoft Press book
- ↑ webMethods Press release on The Mind Electric takeover
- ↑ The Server Side Glue4.0 announcement
- ↑ Announcing Glue 4.0
- ↑ The Serverside Glue 4.1 announcement