From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
This article or section has multiple issues. Please help improve the article or discuss these issues on the talk page.
The idea of website leasing is for a user to have a website promoting their products or services but not have any overall ownership of the site. Generally the website owner will charge a monthly or annual fee for this service.
Reasons for leasing a website
There are several reason why a business might rent a website instead of buying, for example:
- Leasing often requires only a small monthly fee instead of a large fee upfront when buying.
- If a website is only needed for a short amount of time.
- If one is unsure their business needs a website leasing is a way to test without paying for a full price site.
- The owner is responsible for the technical aspects and upkeep of the site.
- Changes and updates are often included in the monthly fee.
- There are also tax benefits of leasing a website.
Some companies that offer a website leasing service also give the option for the user to buy the full rights to the site after a certain amount of time.