From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Stable release||1.0 / January 25, 2007|
|Type||Wiki / Online Spreadsheet|
|License||GNU General Public License|
wikiCalc is a web application, created by Dan Bricklin, that allows for the creation and editing of spreadsheets through a wiki-style user-editable interface. It is currently released as version 1.0 for use on Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix, and other platforms that can run the Perl language.
The product was envisioned in 2005 by Bricklin, who 27 years earlier created VisiCalc, the first commercial spreadsheet program for the personal computer. Version Alpha 0.1 was released for alpha testing in November 2005. Version 1.0 was released on January 25, 2007. wikiCalc is written in the Perl programming language.
On June 9, 2006, Dan Bricklin and Socialtext announced a partnership which encompasses an exclusive distribution deal as well as a pledge for co-development. The Socialtext version of the software is called SocialCalc.
- ↑ "wikiCalc home page". http://www.softwaregarden.com/products/wikicalc/. "...released under the GPL 2.0 license..."
- ↑ Arrington, Michael (2006-06-08). "SocialText/wikiCalc: More Interesting Than Google Spreadsheets". TechCrunch. http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/06/08/socialtextwikicalc-more-interesting-than-google-spreadsheets/. Retrieved 2007-02-11.
- ↑ Bricklin, Dan (2006-06-09). "wikiCalc Partnership with SocialText". DanBricklin.com. http://danbricklin.com/log/2006_04_05.htm#socialtext. Retrieved 2007-02-11.
- ↑ Mayfield, Ross (2006-06-09). "Socialtext Partners with Dan Bricklin on wikiCalc". Socialtext. http://www.socialtext.com/node/82. Retrieved 2007-02-11.
- Brian Bergstein, (The Associated Press) Bricklin updates collaborative spreadsheet, USA Today, 11 June 2006
|File:Computer-globe.svg||This Web software related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|