From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
WikiSym is a short hand for International Symposium on Wikis and Open Collaboration, or the Wiki Symposium, a conference dedicated to wiki research and practice. Its proceedings are published in the ACM Digital Library.
WikiSym 2010 (Gdańsk, Poland)
WikiSym 2010 is planned for July 2010, co-located with Wikimania 2010.
WikiSym 2009 (Orlando, FL (U.S.A.))
WikiSym 2009 was held in Orlando, FL, on October 25-27, 2009 at the Disney Convention Center. Keynotes were given by Fernanda Viegas and Martin Wattenberg as well as by Brion Vibber. The conference chair was Dirk Riehle of University of Erlangen and the program chair was Amy Bruckman of Georgia Tech.
WikiSym 2008 (Porto, Portugal)
WikiSym 2008 was held in Porto, Portugal, in 8-10 September, 2008, at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto and supported ("in-cooperation agreement") by the ACM. Keynotes were given by George Landow, Professor of Art and English at Brown University and Stewart Nickolas, IBM Emerging Technologies while Dan Ingalls, Sun Microsystems Laboratories gave an invited talk. The Conference Chair was Ademar Aguiar and Program Chair was Mark Bernstein.
WikiSym 2007 (Montreal, Canada)
WikiSym 2007 was co-located with OOPSLA 2007, an ACM conference, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on October 21-23, 2007. Invited speakers were Jonathan Grudin and Ward Cunningham. Speakers Peter Turchi as well as Jim Purbrick and Mark Lentczner were shared with OOPSLA. Conference chair was Alain Désilets and program chair was Robert Biddle.
WikiSym 2006 (Odense, Denmark)
WikiSym 2006 was co-located with ACM Hypertext 2006 from August 21-23, 2006 in Odense, Denmark. Invited speakers included Angela Beesley ("How and Why Wikipedia Works"), Doug Engelbart and Eugene Eric Kim ("The Augmented Wiki"), Mark Bernstein ("Intimate Information: organic hypertext structure and incremental formalization for everyone's everyday tasks"), and Ward Cunningham ("Design Principles of Wiki: How can so little do so much?"). Conference chair was Dirk Riehle and program chair was James Noble.
WikiSym 2005 (San Diego, CA, U.S.A.)
WikiSym 2005 was co-located with ACM OOPSLA 2005, held in San Diego, California, USA, October 14–16, 2005. Speakers included Ward Cunningham and Jimmy Wales. Sponsors of the event included Google. Conference chair was Dirk Riehle.
- ↑ 2008 WikiSym website
- ↑ "Utilização de wikis reduz a troca de emails." Sept. 9, 2008. Sol. . Accessed Feb. 7, 2009. (Portuguese)
- ↑ "Especialistas mundiais de wikis reúnem-se entre segunda e quarta-feira no Porto" Sept. 7, 2008. cienciahoje.pt. Accessed Feb. 7, 2009. (Portuguese)
- ↑ WikiSym 2007 website
- ↑ Désilets, Alain; Biddle, Robert, eds. (2007), Proceedings of the 2007 International Symposium on Wikis, ACM Press, http://portal.acm.org/toc.cfm?id=1296951&coll=ACM&dl=ACM&type=proceeding&idx=SERIES11299&part=series&WantType=Proceedings&title=ISW
- ↑ WikiSym 2006 website
- ↑ Riehle, Dirk; Noble, James, eds. (2006), Proceedings of the 2006 International Symposium on Wikis, ACM Press, http://portal.acm.org/toc.cfm?id=1149453&coll=ACM&dl=ACM&type=proceeding&idx=SERIES11299&part=series&WantType=Proceedings&title=ISW
- ↑ WikiSym 2005 website
- ↑ Riehle, Dirk, ed. (2005), Proceedings of the 2005 International Symposium on Wikis, ACM Press, http://portal.acm.org/toc.cfm?id=1104973&coll=ACM&dl=ACM&type=proceeding&idx=SERIES11299&part=series&WantType=Proceedings&title=ISW