From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (June 2008)|
The Wikifonia system was developed in a collaboration between several institutes of higher education in Ghent (Belgium). March 2005 the researchers of the project received the Creativity to Business Award from AUGent (Ghent University Association). The system went live on 6 November 2006.
The Wikifonia system aims as well at the creation of music, at the publication of public domain traditionals, as at the publication of previously copyrighted music.
Music published on the Wikifonia website is licensed by Musi©opy, a music copyright clearance organisation based in the Netherlands. The actual rights are paid by the Wikifonia foundation, a non-profit organisation founded in July 2006.
Uploading music, in MusicXML format, and commenting on published music require login or registration.
- ↑ (in Dutch:) Prijsuitreiking Creativity to Business Award ("Prize distribution of the Creativity to Business Award") 22 March 2005
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 (in Dutch:) De Standaard, 6 November 2006:
- (Newspaper article:) Op de maat van het internettijdperk: Het Gentse Wikifonia heeft de ambitie om een Wikipedia voor partituren te worden ("Sized for the internet era: Wikifonia from Ghent aims at becoming a Wikipedia for sheet music")
- (Press communication:) Er zit muziek in ("There's music in it")
- ↑ (In Dutch:) Telenet, 6 November 2006: Wikifonia biedt muziekpartituren aan ("Wikifonia offers sheet music")
- ↑ (In Dutch:) Belgisch Staatsblad, 31 July 2006: Foundation charter of VZW Wikifonia