From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Yuen-ying Chan (陳婉瑩) often Ying Chan is currently director and professor of Journalism and Media Studies Centre at Hong Kong University; dean and professor of Cheung Kong School of Journalism & Communication at Shantou University, China; board member of Investigative Reporting Workshop Advisory Board of School of Communication, American University Washington.
Ying Chan, an award-winning journalist and Hong Kong native, established the Journalism and Media Studies Center in July 1999. She set up the Master of Journalism programme, launched Hong Kong's first fellowships for working journalists, and forged extensive ties between HKU and the news industry.
- Journalism and Media Studies Center, The University of Hong Kong: http://jmsc.hku.hk/cms/component/option,com_magazine/func,show_edition/id,10/Itemid,33/
- Cheung Kong School of Journalism & Communication, Shantou University: http://media.stu.edu.cn/english/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=178&Itemid=
- George Polk Awards for Journalism, 1993: http://www.brooklyn.liu.edu/polk/prev/prev90.html#93
- Nieman Foundation for Journalism at Harvard, Alumni Fellows Class of 1996:
- The China Files 1997, as co-producer: http://www.chinatownfiles.org/production.html
- Asian Week Feb 27, 1997 article from HighBeam Research archive: Ying Chan battles a libel suit filed by the. Taiwanese government: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-3630726.html
- CPJ Committee to Protect Journalists 1997, on Libel Suit against Chan: http://cpj.org/awards/1997/chan.php
- International Press Freedom Award, 1997: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=International_Press_Freedom_Award#1997
- Ying Chan: China censors adopt agenda setting on YouTube 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Ad-dGxvI4
- BRIEF OF ABC, INC., THE ASSOCIATED PRESS, CBS INC., DAILY NEWS LP, DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC., THE LOS ANGELES TIMES AND THE TIMES MIRROR COMPANY, NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC., THE NEW YORK TIMES COMPANY, TIME INC., THE WASHINGTON POST COMPANY, AND THE COMMITTEE TO PROTECT JOURNALISTS, AS FRIENDS OF THE COURT IN SUPPORT OF DEFENDANTS, April 10, 1997: http://www.cpj.org/defamation/Taiwan_brief.pdf
- "Building the Infrastructure for a Free Press" published in "South China Morning Post" on January 27, 1998:http://jmsc.hku.hk/works/Ying1-27-98_01.htm
- "A champion of diverse Asian voices" on South China Morning Post Classifield Post Nov 2006: http://classifiedpost.scmp.com/jsarticledetail.php?arttype=WOMEN&articleid=3000016865&communitycode=zh:陳婉瑩