What is the Alexa Ranking?
This is a ranking method set by alexa.com that mainly audits and makes open the frequency of visits on Websites. The algorithm of Alexa traffic ranking is easy.
Alexa ranking system is based on the level of traffic each web site get from the people who visit a web site with Alexa toolbar installed.
This traffic is based many parameters.
Number of Alexa users who visit a special website in one day.
Page view is the number of times a single page (URL) is viewed by Alexa users. If a user visits the same URL many times on the day, all those visits will be counted as one.
The Alexa ranking is got by performing the geometric mean of reach and webpage views, averaged over three months.
How Alexa Ranking Works
You have to visit alexa.com site and download (install) Alexa toolbar. This toolbar mainly displays the rank of the visited web site.
It also sends data to the main server. Thus, every time you visit a Webpage, information is sent to the server representing your IP and the webpage you are visiting. The smaller the numerical ranking, the better. If you manage to make it in the top 100,000, it is a sign that your website gets quite serious traffic.
Troubles with the Alexa Rank
Alexa ranking is deeply tilted towards web sites which have many webmaster viewers. This is because web masters are much more likely to have Alexa toolbar installed. Alexa is a simple way to calculate web traffic. What's mainly important is that the Alexa Rank has become an essential factor in site monetization strategy.
Some Ways to Improve your Alexa Ranking
- Install Alexa toolbar.
- Place an Alexa rank widget on your web site.
- Value content attracts large audience and maintains their revisits.
- Encourage people to use the Alexa toolbar.
- Take part in many web master forums which let you place your website in your signature. Webmasters usually have the toolbar installed.
- Write content that is associated to webmasters.
- Use Alexa redirects on your web site URL. Try this: http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?www.yaldex.com
- Build a webmaster tools section on your website.
- Make an Alexa category on your blog and use it to include news and articles about Alexa.