1. Businesses should include their location as part of their keyword strategy. Usually the combination of city and keyword is sufficient to trigger Googleâ€™s local algorithm.
2. Businesses need to claim their listing on Google+ Local (formerly, Google Places). This will ensure they are listed on Google Maps, and this local listing is what will show in Googleâ€™s localized search results. This will also help your business to appear in search results for Googleâ€™s mobile apps.
3. Businesses need to have multiple â€ścitationsâ€ť online. A citation is the business name, address, and phone number all on the same page. Directory listings are a great way to boost SEO with local citations. (You can write your entry once and have it populated across 135+ directories automatically.)
4. Businesses also need high-quality, positive reviews, particularly on the businessâ€™s Google+ Local page. Positive reviews from regular customers are a major boost to local SEO, and consumers often consider customer reviews before making a purchase.
5. Include your business address, phone number, and operating hours on your company Facebook page. Searchers on mobile often turn to Facebook for local search, and they usually take immediate action on their search by calling or visiting a business or making a purchase within one hour of he search. Be sure to give them the information they need to contact you.