I will tell you about some steps which can help you with your rankings:
- create semantic core - a list of targeted keywords;
- Find out the cost of top 10 for your keywords.
- Prepare a detailed link building plan;
- Build links gradually and steadily;
- Get backlinks with different, unique anchor text and different keywords;
- Use synergic effect of Google Penguin;
- Surround your links with content;
- Get backlinks from pages with various SB Rank;
- 20% of links should point to the inner pages of oyur website;
- You won't rank high without on-page optimization;
- Avoid the next 5 mistakes :
1. The number of purchased links is not enough to get the Top 10 rankings on Google. Use the Free SEO Cost Calculator to find out the number of links which you need in order to get in the Top 10 and make sure you acquire those links before you decide how well your campaign is performing. Without building the amount of backlinks, necessary to outrank your competitors, your investments are just useless and pointless. Learn more.
2. Your newly purchased links stayed alive for less than 3 months. In this case, you won’t see any results because Google ignores links, which are younger than 3 months old.
3. Your backlink profile may be over-optimized with exact anchor text match. You can check whether it is or not using our Free SEO Cost Calculator. If your website has this penalty, our tool will let you know how to get rid of it.
4. If new links were built, but your website has very low or no traffic at all, you won’t see any positive improvement on Google either. The links cannot appear from anywhere, so when Google sees no or too low traffic on your site, but many new backlinks appearing, it will consider them as unnatural. Make sure to increase your traffic along with the number of backlinks.
5. Google has developed its algorithms so that it is now using psychological pressure – when you get new backlinks, at first your rankings drop down, and only with some time they come back and get higher than they were before. Our clients, as well as experts at SEOmoz and other SEO resources and forums, noticed this too. Google actually says about this in their own patent 8,244,722. So when your rankings start to dance (drop down, improve, again drop down and again improve, etc.), it means that everything is going fine. Just stick to your planned link building plan and, with some time, your situation will become more and more stable. Learn more about 4 reasons why your site rankings may drop.
- never give up before you complete your link building plan;
- track the results.