1. Donâ€™t require shoppers to register in order to checkout. Forcing them to create an account before they complete their order is just an additional stumbling block.
2. Test your Call to Action text. Try â€śOrder Nowâ€ť instead of â€śBuy Nowâ€ť or â€śCheckoutâ€ť.
3. Eliminate links that donâ€™t serve a specific purpose from your landing pages. Make the objective clear and obvious to avoid distracting the customer.
4. Consider adding a Live Chat option that is staffed during normal business hours. You may attract customers who wouldnâ€™t ordinarily take the time to contact you.
5. Always experiment and test options such as colors, placement of items, product image size and forms. You should never run out of things to tweak.
6. Create â€śpersonasâ€ť of your target audience members, based on your understanding of actual visitors. This lets you visualize the checkout process through their eyes.
7. Does your headline include some reference as to where the visitor clicked from previously? Tie in your landing page with your ad or the userâ€™s search for seamless engagement.
9. Test different bonuses or tie-ins with your product. Free gift? Free shipping? Free training? What can you offer that will â€śseal the dealâ€ť?
10. Test different types of guarantees. If the industry standard is 30 days, make yours 60 or 90. Donâ€™t be afraid to stretch the limits of whatâ€™s possible.