From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Founded||August 3, 2006|
|Headquarters||File:Flag of the United States.svg Los Angeles, USA|
|Key people||Doug Hirsch, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer|
Lars Nilsen, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer
Josh DeFord, Co-founder and Chief Product Officer
|Slogan||People Powered Healthcare|
|Type of site||social networking|
|Launched||August 3, 2006|
DailyStrength is a social networking website where users provide one another with emotional support by discussing their struggles and successes with each other. The site contains online communities that deal with different medical conditions or life challenges.  As of November 4, 2007, DailyStrength has created over 500 support groups  focused on issues such as depression, divorce, parenting, and a wide variety of cancers.
The site is free for members and the members are encouraged to remain anonymous. The site provides members with continual support as someone is always available to talk. Medical professionals are also available to contact and treatments for a variety of illnesses and problems are also listed on the site.
The company was founded on August 3, 2006 by Doug Hirsch , Lars Nilsen and Josh DeFord and has offices in Los Angeles and Santa Cruz, California, USA. Hirsch was one of the first employees at Yahoo  and previously built products for online communities there and at Facebook. Hirsch founded the company in response to his own difficulties dealing with a death in his family as a teenager. 
Over the six-month period ending June 2007, DailyStrength’s market share increased by 95%, with the average user spending over 26 minutes on the site. As of September 2007, DailyStrength had 14,000 average daily visitors, each spending 82 minutes on the site and each viewing approximately 145 pages. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/11/07/daily-strength-online-support-groups-and-aggregate-treatment-info/ TechCrunch November 7, 2006
- ↑ http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health/337891_websites05.html Seattle Post Intelligencer
- ↑ http://www.mercurynews.com/localnewsheadlines/ci_6956968 The Mercury News September 21, 2007
- ↑ http://online.wsj.com/article/SB116717686202159961.html Wall Street Journal December 27, 2006
- ↑ http://www.entrepreneur27.org/archive/interview-with-doug-hirsch-of-daily-strength Entrepreneur 27 December 13, 2006.
- ↑ http://weblogs.hitwise.com/leeann-prescott/ Hitwise
- ↑ http://www.comscore.com/ Comscore Key Measures Report for Health Media