From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Doclet programs work with the Javadoc tool to generate documentation from code written in Java.
Doclets are written in the Java programming language and use the doclet API to:
- Select which content to include in the documentation.
- Format the presentation of the content.
- Create the file that contains the documentation.
The standard doclet included with Javadoc generates API documentation as frame-based HTML files. Many non-standard doclets are available on the web, often for free.
These can be used to:
- Create other non-API types of documentation.
- Output the documentation to other non-HTML file types such as PDF.
- Output the documentation as HTML with additional features such as a search.