Feng Office Community Edition
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|File:Feng Office Logo.jpg|
|Stable release||1.6.1 / December 18, 2009|
|Operating system||Cross-platform, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|Type||Online office suite|
|License||AGPL (free software)|
Feng Office Community Edition (formerly OpenGoo) is an open source online office suite software package developed by Feng Office and the OpenGoo community. It is a fully featured online office suite with a similar set of features as other online office suites, like Google Apps, Microsoft Office Live, Zimbra, and Zoho. The application can be downloaded and installed on a server.
Feng Office Community Edition main features include document management, contact management, e-mail, project management, and time management. Text documents and presentations can be created and edited online. Files can be uploaded, organized and shared, independent of file formats.
The server could run on any operating system. The system needs the following packages:
On the client side, the user is only required to use a modern Web browser.
OpenGoo started as a degree project at the faculty of Engineering of the University of the Republic, Uruguay. The project was presented and championed by Software Engineer Conrado Viña. Software Engineers Marcos Saiz and Ignacio de Soto developed the first prototype as their thesis. Professors Eduardo Fernández and Tomás Laurenzo  served as tutors. Conrado, Ignacio and Marcos founded the OpenGoo community and remain active members and core developers. The thesis was approved with the highest score.
Currently there is a second project for OpenGoo at the same University being developed by students Fernando Rodríguez, Ignacio Vázquez and Juan Pedro del Campo. Their project aims to build an open source Web-based spreadsheet.
On December 2009 the OpenGoo name was changed to Feng Office Community Edition.
- Project management software
- Personal information management
- List of project management software
- Collaborative software
- ↑ http://www.fengoffice.com
- ↑ http://obsessivecollaborator.com/2008/03/more_updates_opengoo_eyeos.html
- ↑ http://thinkofit.com/webconf/workspaces.htm#groupware
- ↑ http://www.artduszynski.com/?p=31
- ↑ http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=191520
- ↑ http://www.fing.edu.uy/inco/cursos/proygrado/bosquejos2008.html#0039
- ↑ http://www.fing.edu.uy/inco/cursos/proygrado/asigestud_2008.htm
- ↑ http://www.opengoo.org/who.html