From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Type||Privately Held Company|
|Predecessor||Digital Telemedia, Inc.|
|Founded||New York City, New York, United States (1993 )|
|Headquarters||155 Avenue of the Americas, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10013|
|Key people||Carter Burden, Chairman and CEO|
Kenneth Ziegler, President and COO
Bart Grantham, VP of R&D
Stephanie Tayengco, VP of Network Operations
Ben Friedman, Director of Sales
Logicworks, is a SAS 70 Type II certified managed hosting provider based out of New York, NY. They specialize in highly-available solutions and have datacenters located in New York, New Jersey, and California as of late 2009.
Carter Burden founded Logicworks (previously incorporated under the name Digital Telemedia, Inc.) in 1993. The Company operated as an ISDN Value Added Reseller until 1995 when it began operating as an ISP, initially focusing on ISDN internet access and shared hosting, later moving into dedicated hosting services.
They began operating from a self-built facility located at 11 Beach Street during the second quarter of 1998, which enabled them to enter the co-location business, and later, the managed dedicated server business. In March 2002, they proceeded with a plan to re-brand themselves, which involved changing their trade name to Logicworks. Under the new trade name, they began focusing exclusively on managed dedicated server hosting.
2002 through 2005
They expanded and further refined their managed hosting competency to become a pure-play complex managed hosting firm, targeting clients with high-availability system requirements. During that time, the firm launched its Managed Database Services in order to attract and support SaaS and eCommerce clients requiring secure, compliant, and transaction intensive database performance. Additionally, LogicOps, the Company’s proprietary asset and service request management system, was launched.
In order to support its growing and more complex client base, Logicworks invested heavily in its 24x7 Network Response Team and hired additional Certified engineers and database administrators and further refined in its operating controls and procedures to complete its SAS 70 Type II audit.
- The company introduced an R&D group, which incorporated the software development team, and launched Quality Control and Research functions within the organization.
- To accommodate its growing staff, Logicworks entered a 10-year lease for a new 14,000 square foot corporate headquarters at 155 Avenue of the Americas in the Soho neighborhood of New York City.
- Contracted for facility space at Equinix's NY4 facility in Secaucus, NJ and CoreSite's 32Americas datacenter in New York City, subsequently exiting its facilities with Qwest Communications, Digital Realty Trust, and Switch & Data. By the end of the year they had relocated all of their servers into the brand-new, top-tier facilities with Equinix and CoreSite, each with a minimum power and cooling density of 150 Watt per square foot of space.
- Named among the fastest growing private companies in America by INC 5000
- Named one of the best places in New York City to work by Crain's New York Business
- MySQL announced that Logicworks would become its first Authorized MySQL Platinum Hosting Partner in the U.S.
Products and Services
In its present configuration, Logicworks primarily delivers complex hosting and private cloud solutions to high-growth customers in need of high-availability for their most critical applications and content. Logicworks is known for its combination of dedicated client teams, customized solutions, performance/SLA emphasis and focus on database management and complex systems. Clients are able to reduce capital expenses, operating overhead and multi-vendor management by relying on Logicworks to be an extension of their technical operations.
Logicworks customers include NBC iVillage, Dow Jones Factiva, Major League Baseball, Starwood Hotels, Bob Vila, BravoTV and span a wide range of industries including online retail, media, and financial services.
Logicworks specializes in database and application infrastructure hosting delivered for a flat monthly fee for Oracle, Microsoft, and MySQL database platforms. High-availability is achieved on three different levels: replication, which typically requires manual failover; clustering, where failover is automatic (and typically includes replication as well); and multi-site high-availability, which can withstand an infrastructure failure affecting an entire facility. On an ongoing basis, Logicworks assumes responsibility for 24x7 system health monitoring and response, effecting failover for both clusters and replicas. Access to expertise and the associated labor efficiencies clients receive is a key benefit of Logicworks complex hosting services. The Company’s vendor-certified Professionals have vast experience with the full range of configurations options and are actively involved with its clients on an ongoing basis. They can provide insight on initial configuration, ongoing maintenance, and operations integration, including advice that falls well beyond the scope of Logicworks’ core services.
Logicworks employs Enterprise Solutions Mangers (ESMs) and Account Managers as dedicated points of contact and as project managers.
Launched its Enterprise Private Cloud hosting service, which leverages VMware’s Virtual Infrastructure, and hopes to fulfill the promises of cloud computing without the contingent liabilities of a shared environment.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Infrastructure - Logicworks". http://www.logicworks.net/about/infrastructure. Retrieved 2009-12-03.
- ↑ "Q&A with Carter Burden, President & CEO of Logicworks". http://ca.forums.dedicatedserverdir.com/showthread.php?t=8994. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "United States District Court, Southern District of New York - Digital Telemedia Inc., d/b/a/Logicworks, Plaintiff, -against- C I Host, Inc. and Logicworks Corporation". http://www.thelen.com/resources/documents/DigitalVCI.pdf. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Logicworks’ Managed Database Service Helps Clients Deploy and Maintain Business-Driven, "No Transactions Lost" Applications". http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/343053.html. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "LOGICWORKS UNVEILS MANAGED ORACLE 10G FOR LINUX". http://www.entrepreneur.com/tradejournals/article/122159278.html. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Taking Linux, Apache, PostgreSQL, and PHP to Their Logical Extreme". http://linux.sys-con.com/node/139427. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Logicworks Completes SAS 70 Type II Audit". http://www.logicworks.net/news/2006/logicworks-completes-sas-70-report. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- ↑ "Tech firm gets close to SoHo clients; Logicworks moving to Hudson Square". http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-7325360/Tech-firm-gets-close-to.html. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "CRG West lands Logicworks as customer in New York". http://www.tier1research.com/client/view.php?rid=56819. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Logicworks Expands into Equinix NY4". http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/060308_Logicworks_Expands_into_Equinix_NY4. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Logicworks Footprint in CRG West New York". http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/020409_Logicworks_Footprint_in_CRG_West_New_York. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Logicworks -- IT Services, inc5000 Article". http://www.inc.com/inc5000/2008/company-profile.html?id=200830770. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Logicworks Among Best NY Workplaces". http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/120208_Logicworks_Among_Best_NY_Workplaces. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "MySQL Launches New Authorized Partner Program for Managed Hosting Providers". http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/generate-article.php?id=2008_05. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- ↑ "Logicworks Review - by customers of Logicworks". http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/Logicworks.html. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Select client list - Logicworks". http://www.logicworks.net/about/select-client-list. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Managed Database Services a Home Run for Major League Baseball". http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Database/Managed-Database-Service-a-Home-Run-for-Major-League-Baseball/. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Bob Vila Biography". http://www.bobvila.com/Global/About.html. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Logicworks Corporation Webhosting Statistics @ SmartViper.Com". http://www.markosweb.com/hosting/Logicworks+Corporation/. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- ↑ "Virtual Strategy Magazine - Logicworks Launches Private Cloud Service". http://www.virtual-strategy.com/In-the-News/Logicworks-Launches-Private-Cloud-Service.html. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Philosophy - Logicworks". http://www.logicworks.net/about/philosophy. Retrieved 2009-12-08.
- ↑ "Logicworks Expands Sales, Marketing, and Business Development Initiatives to Meet Increasing Demand in 2009". http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Logicworks-951418.html. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- ↑ "Concentric Studio - A leading provider of hosting solutions gets an online brand revamp". http://concentric-studio.com/work/logicworks/. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- ↑ "Logicworks Partners With LINBIT to Lower Costs and Boost Performance/Availability of Managed Cloud Service". http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Linbit-Usa-Llc-NASDAQ-MLNX-1033696.html. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- ↑ "Logicworks Selects Equinix’s Premier Colocation Facilities for Data Center Expansion". http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/35123/. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- ↑ "Logicworks Offers Private Cloud Service". http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Cloud-Computing/Logicworks-Offers-Private-Cloud-Service-586768/. Retrieved 2009-12-03.