From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Please improve this article if you can. (October 2009)|
This module implements a proxy/gateway/cache for Apache. It implements proxying capability for or AJP13 (Apache JServ Protocol version 1.3), FTP, CONNECT (for SSL), HTTP/0.9, HTTP/1.0, and (since Apache 1.3.23) HTTP/1.1. The module can be configured to connect to other proxy modules for these and other protocols.
One powerful feature of Apache is flexible virtual hosting — multiple virtual hosts on a single machine. This is a convenient way to partition separate websites and applications. With mod_proxy it is possible to set various web framework based applications up as virtual hosts as well   .
See Apache License.
This module was experimental in Apache 1.1.x .
As of Apache 1.2, mod_proxy stability was greatly improved .
Since Apache 2.0 proxy features are divided into several modules in addition to mod_proxy: mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_ftp and mod_proxy_connect — moreover caching is provided by mod_cache and related modules .
- Apache module mod_proxy — for Apache 1.3.
- Apache module mod_proxy — for Apache 2.0.
- Apache module mod_proxy — for Apache 2.2.
- ↑ Homepage of mod_proxy for Apache 2.2
- ↑ Running CherryPy behind Apache using mod_proxy
- ↑ Single Django App behind multiple Apache Proxies
- ↑ Using web2py with Apache, mod_proxy, and mod_proxy_html
- ↑ Improve LAMP security with Apache Proxy's directive (mod_proxy)
- ↑ Strip SSL with Apache mod_proxy
- ↑ The mod_proxy module was experimental in Apache 1.1.x
- ↑ In Apache 1.2 mod_proxy stability was greatly improved
- ↑ In Apache 2.0 proxy features are divided into several modules
- ↑ In Apache 2.2 mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer added