From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|File:Right Media logo.png|
|Type||Acquired by Yahoo!|
|Founded||New York, New York (2003)|
|Headquarters||New York, New York|
|Key people||Michael Walrath, CEO|
Christine Hunsicker, COO
John Roberts, CFO
|Products||Ad serving, ad network|
Right Media, Inc. is an online advertising company that operates the Right Media Exchange (RMX), a marketplace that enables advertisers, publishers, and ad networks to trade digital media. Technology providers develop services for the Exchange via APIs. Right Media also operated an online ad network called Remix Media and allowed free access to the exchange for small publishers via its Direct Media Exchange service; since the Yahoo! acquisition Remix Media has been integrated with Yahoo!'s offerings to small businesses. Right Media's customers included Yahoo! (also an investor) and Fox Interactive Media.
Right Media is considered to be malware in the computing community; programs including SpyBot, AdAware, Norton, Symantec, and others list Right Media and provide the tools to remove it.
On 30 April 2007, Yahoo! announced the acquisition of Right Media.
- Official website of Right Media, Inc.
- "Right Media's Big Ambitions" BusinessWeek 2007-03-06
- "The quest for the perfect online ad" Business 2.0 Magazine 2007-02-26
- "Yahoo! Leads Investment in Ad Auction Company Right Media" TechCrunch 2006-10-17
- "RMX Direct: alternative ad networks battle for your blog" TechCrunch 2006-08-12
- "Buying and Selling Ads Based on Performance" ClickZ, 2005-11-22
- "Click for Dollars", Fortune Magazine 2005-04-04
- "How I Did It: Mike Walrath, Founder, Right Media", Inc. Magazine 2005-04-04