From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
This article is about SQL-92
, the third revision of the SQL
standard. For more information about SQL, see the main SQL
SQL-92 was the third revision of the SQL database query language. Unlike SQL-89, it was a major revision of the standard. For all but a few minor incompatibilities, the SQL-89 standard is forwards-compatible with SQL-92.
- SQL Agent
- New data types defined:
VARCHAR strings, and
NATIONAL CHARACTER strings.
- Support for additional character sets beyond the base requirement for representing SQL statements.
- New scalar operations such as string concatenation, date and time mathematics, and conditional statements.
- New set operations such as
NATURAL JOIN, set differences, and set intersections.
- Support for alterations of schema definitions via
- Bindings for C, Ada, and MUMPS.
- New features for user privileges.
- New integrity-checking functionality such as within a
- New schema definitions for "Information".
- Dynamic execution of queries (as opposed to prepared).
- Better support for remote database access.
- Temporary tables.
- Transaction isolation levels.
- New operations for changing data types on the fly via
- Scrolling cursors.
- Compatibility flagging for backwards and forwards compatibility with other SQL standards.
- Call Level Interface