From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
- XML-related features (SQL/XML)
- Window functions
- the sequence generator, which allows standardized sequences
- two new column types: auto-generated values and identity-columns
- the new MERGE statement
- extensions to the CREATE TABLE statement, to allow "CREATE TABLE AS" and "CREATE TABLE LIKE"
- removal of the poorly-implemented "BIT" and "BIT VARYING" data types
The SQL standard is not freely available. SQL:2003 may be purchased from ISO or ANSI. A late draft is available as a zip archive from Whitemarsh Information Systems Corporation. The zip archive contains a number of PDF files that define the parts of the SQL:2003 specification.
- ISO/IEC 9075(1-4,9-11,13,14):2003 CD-ROM (352 CHF, or approximately 225 EUR, to order the CD)
- ISO/IEC 9075-1:2003 – Framework (SQL/Framework)
- ISO/IEC 9075-2:2003 – Foundation (SQL/Foundation)
- ISO/IEC 9075-3:2003 – Call-Level Interface (SQL/CLI)
- ISO/IEC 9075-4:2003 – Persistent Stored Modules (SQL/PSM)
- ISO/IEC 9075-9:2003 – Management of External Data (SQL/MED)
- ISO/IEC 9075-10:2003 – Object Language Bindings (SQL/OLB)
- ISO/IEC 9075-11:2003 – Information and Definition Schemas (SQL/Schemata)
- ISO/IEC 9075-13:2003 – SQL Routines and Types Using the Java Programming Language (SQL/JRT)
- ISO/IEC 9075-14:2003 – XML-Related Specifications (SQL/XML)
- ↑ Eisenberg, Andrew; et al. (March 2004). "SQL:2003 Has Been Published" (pdf). SIGMOD Record 33 (1): 119. doi:10.1145/974121.974142. http://www.acm.org/sigmod/record/issues/0403/index.html#standards. Retrieved 2007-08-14.
- BNF Grammar for ISO/IEC 9075-1:2003 – SQL/Framework
- BNF Grammar for ISO/IEC 9075-2:2003 – SQL/Foundation
|File:HelloWorld.svg||This programming language-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|File:Crystal Clear app database.png||This database-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|