From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
A Sellaband profile
|Slogan||Fan Funded Music|
|Type of site||Social network / Music|
|Registration||Required for buying parts, not required for listening|
|Available language(s)||English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese|
|Created by||Johan Vosmeijer, Dagmar Heijmans|
Sellaband is a music website that allows artists to raise the money from their fans and the SellaBand community in order to record a professional album. It was set up by Johan Vosmeijer (ex Sony/BMG), Pim Betist (ex Shell), and Dagmar Heijmans (ex Sony/BMG) in August 2006. Their offices are located in Amsterdam, Netherlands, but they are incorporated in Bocholt, Germany.
In early 2009 Pim Betist left SellaBand to set up Africa Unsigned  using SellaBand technology as a base and supported by the Dutch government.
On October 1st 2009 SellaBand launched a new model which gives artists total flexibility in their fan funding plan and does not take rights. Any artist either signed or unsigned can now use SellaBand to fund any project, as can record labels, artist managemers, publishers etc
Individuals interested in supporting Sellaband artists do so by buying "parts" in them. Believers can purchase any number of "parts" in a single artist or "parts" in multiple artists.
Up and until the time all parts are sold, the money collected from Believers in exchange for artist "parts" is held in an escrow account managed by a third party (Dieter Roesing, Rechtsanwälte und Notare, Bocholt), regulated under German Law, and cannot be accessed by Sellaband or the artist. Any interest accrued during this period is kept by Sellaband. During this time Believers may sell back any number of "parts" they have in an artist, which are re-deposited into the Believer's Sellaband account, and buy parts in other artists. They can also request a refund of any and all amounts they have in their deposit account. Once the target is raised, the Believers' funds are committed to the artist and the Escrow Agent transfers the funds to Sellaband for the recording project.
Artists using SellaBand are free to work with whoever they like but one of the strengths of SellaBand is their ability to connect artists with top class producers. Among the Producers that have worked on SellaBand albums so far are Tony Platt (AC/DC, Bob Marley), Attie Bauw (Scorpions, Judas Priest), Peter Denenberg (Spin Doctors, Deep Purple), Steve Bush (Stereophonics, Corinne Bailey Rae), Mick Glossop (Van Morrison, Waterboys), Malcolm Burn (Patti Smith, Emmylou Harris) and Greg Haver (Manic Street Preachers, Super Furry Animals).
March 2009 SellaBand announce a deal to launch in USA with Chuck D’s music company BTN (Bring The Noise) Management in which the former Public Enemy front man will function as Sellaband’s "US ambassador."
June 2009 Sellaband.de launched. The first sister site is presented in conjunction with partner MerchandisingMedia GmbH.
Since its inception, Sellaband has conducted several Official concerts in Europe.
- "New Years Party" (January 2007), the Paradiso, Amsterdam, NL
- "London Calling" (June 2007), Gibson Studios, London, UK
- "Sellabration - Birthday Party" (August 15th 2007 & 2008), the Paradiso, Amsterdam, NL
Other Unofficial SellaBand events have included:
Sellaband artist appeared at "Concert At Sea" festival (June 2007) held in Brouwersdam, NL. In addition, a number of concerts in Europe, Australia, and the United States have been organized through the collaboration of Sellaband artists and believers.
Sell-A-Jam USA “One Night In Boston” took place on January 25 at Boston's Paradise Lounge and featured Sellaband recording artist Lily Vasquez, with Sellaband listed artists Jon Robert and Delco, Jess King, and Wetwerks. The Sellaband Rio Grande Festival, was held in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico on February 22 and February 23. On the 13th of november 2009 Rave 'n Rock artists Resistor headlined “Resistor presents Sellaband Live” at Amsterdams Club Panama with Sellaband listed artist Hangover Sunday and the Dial -a- Poets. 
artists who reached their goal
The first 25 artists to reach their goal and release their Sellaband CD:
There are 17 more artists who have reached their goal and are currently recording their Sellaband CD:
There are over 3.400 artists currently registered on Sellaband.
On October 1st 2009 SellaBand launched a new model which gives artists total flexibility in their fan funding plan and does not take rights. Under the old model the funding was restricted for recording a album, revenue shares with believers was fixed and the total to be raised was set at either US$50,000 or US$100,000 with parts at $10. The new changes have seen established artists sign up as well as new artists who already have management or other representation.
- ↑ elektronischer Bundesanzeiger
- ↑ Pfauth, Ernst-Jan (2008-04-08). "Sellaband closes a round of € 3.5 million funding for international expansion". the Next web. http://thenextweb.org/2008/04/08/sellaband-closes-a-round-of-e-35-million-for-international-expansion/. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- ↑ Butcher, Mike (2008-04-08). "SellaBand wins $5 million in Series A". TechCrunch. http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/04/08/sellaband-wins-5-million-in-further-funding/. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- ↑ Sellaband
- ↑ [http://www.africaunsigned.com
- ↑ 
- ↑ Sellaband Tribune Article "Sellaband & Escrow"
- ↑ Frequently Asked Questions - SellaBand
- ↑ Kiss, Jemima (2007-12-18). "Amazon hooks up with bands site". Guardian Unlimited. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/dec/18/digitalmedia.web20. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- ↑ Sell-A-Jam USA at MySpace
- ↑ Sellaband Rio Grande at MySpace
- ↑ google: panama sellaband live | http://www.panama.nl/nightclub/agenda.php?id=307
- ↑ Cubworld becomes first artist to close his 2nd budget
- ↑ Find artists - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 9 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 18 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 26 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 27 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 36 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 39 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 42 - SellaBand
- ↑ Mandyleigh Storm - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 53 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 65 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 49 - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 57 - SellaBand
- ↑ Thomas Boissy - SellaBand
- ↑ Tribune - Edition 56 - SellaBand
- ↑ 
- ↑ Find artists - SellaBand
- BBC Radio 2 Interview (The Weekender with Matthew Wright - 3 November 2006)
- The Times (UK): Knowledge Section (26 November 2006)
- Official website
- Sellaband on Amazon.co.uk
- Sellaband to crowdsource free music - TechCrunch review of Sellaband
- New Ways to Get Music - ExtremeTech review of Sellaband
- fanfundedforum.com website dedicated to Fan Funded Musicde:SellaBand