From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Founder(s)||Matt Mickiewicz and Mark Harbottle|
SitePoint's flagship website is sitepoint.com, which as of May 2009, has an Alexa ranking of 1,002, and a Quantcast rating of 10,860. SitePoint also operates 99designs, a crowdsourcing logo design service where, as of December 2008, over 20,000 graphic designers create designs for free and compete for prize money.
SitePoint previously operated an auction-based service for buying and selling websites on sitepoint.com, which was launched in 2005. In July 2007, TechCrunch acquired InviteShare.com through the SitePoint Marketplace. In June 2009, SitePoint Marketplace had been officially moved to Flippa.com.
SitePoint offers performance bonuses and an annual trip to employees. At the end of 2006, SitePoint took its staff to a tropical island to relax.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "O'Reilly to Distribute SitePoint Web Development Books". http://press.oreilly.com/pub/pr/1226. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
- ↑ "Sitepoint books distributed by O'Reilly Media". http://sitepoint.oreilly.com/. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
- ↑ "Sitepoint books on Amazon". http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=sitepoint&x=0&y=0. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
- ↑ "Sitepoint.com - Site information from Alexa". http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=sitepoint.com. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
- ↑ "Quantast Audience Profile". http://www.quantcast.com/sitepoint.com. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
- ↑ "Harnessing the wisdom of the crowd". http://www.theage.com.au/news/biztech/harnessing-the-wisdom-the-crowd/2007/02/19/1171733683966.html?page=fullpage. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
- ↑ "Freelance Designers Compete For Cash On Website". http://cbs5.com/local/design.contest.website.2.883051.html. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- ↑ BHATTARAI, ABHA (July 29, 2008). "Find an Undervalued Asset. Fix It Up. Flip It. (Now It's Web Sites, Not Houses)". New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE3D81E3AF93AA15754C0A96E9C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- ↑ Norman, Jan (August 9th, 2008). "O.C. teen sells Zune Web site for $62,000". OC Register. http://jan.freedomblogging.com/2008/08/09/oc-teen-sells-zune-web-site-for-62000/. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- ↑ Sloan, Paul (May 18, 2006). "Flipping Web Fixer-Uppers". CNN. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/business2_archive/2006/06/01/8378486/index.htm. Retrieved 2009-01-31.
- ↑ http://www.bloggingtips.com/2009/06/10/sitepoint-marketplace-becomes-flippa-com/ Blogging Tips. June 10th, 2009
- ↑ http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/06/22/flippa-its-alive/ SitePoint: Official Blog
- ↑ "IT goes troppo for staff". http://www.theage.com.au/news/biztech/it-goes-troppo-for-staff/2007/02/05/1170524024893.html. Retrieved 2008-11-17.
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|