From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|File:Logo smartslogan july08.jpg|
|Type||Subsidiary of Axel Springer|
|Key people||- Cyrille Geffray, MD|
- David Pironon, Sales Director France
- Romain Job, Business Development Manager, Germany and Eastern Europe
- Alexandre Hénault, Business Development Director, North America
- Raúl Uriarte, Business Development Director, Spain & Latin America
- Nicolas de Robert, Technical Director
|Products||Smart AdServer (for agencies, ad networks & publishers)|
Smart AdServer is a technology provider, which provides publishers, ad networks, agencies and advertisers with an integrated display, video, rich-media and mobile ad serving solution. Created in 2001, Smart AdServer rapidly became an important adserving solution on the market, with more than 180 customers in 25 countries and tens of billions of display ads served every month. Smart AdServer has offices in Europe (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Poland) and North America (US, Canada, Mexico). Among its clients are large media agencies such as Zed digital, Starcom (Publicis groupe), Mindshare, Mediacom, Mediaedge:cia (WPP Group), Universal McCann, Carat … as well as a large number of sites and companies, including Reed Business Information, Axel Springer (Hungary, Poland…), Radio-Canada, MSD, Wolters Kluwer, 20 Minutes (Schibsted), L'Équipe, Le Figaro, Pixmania, grupoGodo (La Vanguardia), MCurse Gaming, Canal+… Smart AdServer's headquarters are based in Paris, France.
2001 – 2005
Smart AdServer was created in 2001 by a major Web publisher, auFeminin.com, to fulfill its advanced requirements for managing its ad spaces as well as its communication campaigns. Since there were no existing tools that met their needs, the decision was made to develop an internal solution capitalizing on the latest technologies and the most advanced marketing concepts.
The agency solution was developed in 2002 and the first contract was signed with Zenith.
Smart AdServer's solutions quickly gained recognition and benefited from very rapid development through media agencies and publishers as well as through major advertising networks.
2005 – 2007
The company became independent in 2005.
Growth accelerated very quickly (the number of clients increased from 20 in 2006 to 145 by the end of 2008).
Axel Springer, the largest newspaper publishing company in Europe, acquired the auFeminin Group (including Smart AdServer) in summer 2007. At the same time Cyrille Geffray was nominated Managing Director. 2007 marked also the beginning of a global expansion with the opening of additional sales offices in Montreal, Canada, and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
A global player
Today, Smart AdServer has :
- 180 clients across 4 continents (among them 30 agencies and 1,200 websites using the Smart AdServer technologies)
- 6 offices in Europe (London, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid, Warsaw) and 3 offices in North America (San Francisco, Montreal, Mexico)
- An annual growth of 50%
Smart AdServer has quickly become a key player in ad serving in Europe, by offering innovative features and formats as well as a tailor-made local service.
The publisher and agency solutions, available in 4 languages (French, English, German and Spanish) allow the user to manage the advertising space as well as program, deliver, optimize and track online advertising campaigns.
The key features include:
- A user-friendly interface
- Real-time statistics
- Real-time activation/ deactivation of campaign
- Video/ rich-media campaign programming as easy as standard campaigns
- Detailed reporting and statistics as well as scheduled campaign reports
- Inventory forecast by geolocation/ keyword
- Highly accurate geotargeting per country, per region or per city 
- Multichannel tracking with calculation of the ROI, post-click and post-impression
- Automated optimization of the creative and landing pages based on the click rate
- Analysis of the advertising behavior of the internet user
Smart AdServer products are updated several times a year with frequent releases .
Smart AdServer offers various targeting criteria. Targeting is accomplished using IP addresses,provided by Quova. Some of the targeting criteria are:
- Countries, States/Provinces, Cities
- Postal Codes
- Area Codes
Smart AdServer provides its advertising networks and publishing clients the ability to offer behavioral targeting, using the technology of several partners. These technologies work by analysing the surfing habits of Internet users, their behaviour and areas of interest, to offer them the appropriate advertising, product or service. By establishing a behavioural profile, ad networks and publishers can optimise the impact of their online advertising campaigns and so improve their effectiveness.
Smart AdServer is developing a multi-device mobile solution via XML tags, for the delivery of images and flash creatives, as well as text links.
Smart AdServer is a IAB member in 10 different countries
Smart AdServer has been involved in the Ad Impression Measurement Guidelines since 2004 (Interactive Audience Measurement and Advertising Campaign Reporting and Audit Guidelines, September 2004, Version 6.0b, Global - )