From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
StepTalk is the official GNUstep scripting framework that represents separate scriptable servers or applications as a single object environment. It is meant to be independent of the programming language used; its default language is Smalltalk on top of the Objective-C runtime.
StepTalk was ported to Mac OS X.
The Goal of StepTalk is to provide an environment for gluing applications together and to provide a framework for communication between users and objects in the applications. Other major goals are:
- simple and quick extensions of applications or tools
- batch-processing of objects in applications or tools
- fast prototyping of applications or new application features (play and tune a concept "online")
The default scripting language in StepTalk is Smalltalk. This is because Smalltalk is a very simple language and it is easy to learn. There are just a few basic principles that the user has to know to be able to use the language and it is close to the natural language. Smalltalk uses a similar approach to that of Objective-C, the language used in GNUstep itself.
- StepTalk blog - thoughts about scripting, StepTalk development and more
- StepTalk Wiki - you can find download instructions there too
- StepTalk Scripting
- About StepTalk at GNUstep.org