From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Stable release||1.7.8 / 11th October 2009|
|Operating system||Cross Platform|
|Available in||26 languages|
The TinyWebGallery (TWG) is a photo album / gallery released under the Open Source license GPL. It is a server based gallery script for images which uses Ajax, PHP, XML and the graphic library Gdlib / ImageMagick.
TinyWebGallery is written by Michael Dempfle and was first released on the 24th February 2005. It is based on a small image script that was developed from Rainer Hungershausen and Mogh. In April 2006 the project moved to the current domain and is right now listed as 3rd most popular php script on hotscripts.com.
Currently the project is developed by Michael Dempfle and supported by ~40 translators and an active community.
The TinyWebGallery has also released a standalone version of Flash Uploader on the 15th August 2006 as 'TWG Flash Uploader'. This uploader is also available as Joomla component since the 1st August 2007 for Joomla 1.0.x and 1.5.x. The lastest version of TFU/JFU is 2.10.2 (11th October 2009)
The latest current release version is 1.7.8 (11th October 2009).
The user interface offers different Ajax and Html modes and can be customized by skins or an integrated color manager. The image gallery can be configured by an administration area and it is possible to customize each individual album by text files. Files can be upload with the integrated freeware TWG Flash Uploader.
TinyWebGallery includes the follow features
- Ajax + Flash navigation with sliding thumbnails
- XML based - no database needed
- Password protected administration area
- User and rights management
- Keyboard navigation (arrow keys)
- Rate, comments, counter functionality
- 4 different slideshow types
- Protected galleries
- Supported image formats JPG, GIF, PNG
- Text and image watermarks
- Video/Audio support like avi, mov, mp3, mpg, swf, Videos from Youtube and Myvideo
- Upload by TWG Flash Uploader or FTP
- Fullscreen mode
- Remote picture support
- Display of IPTC and Exif data of the images