WebMethods Integration Server
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Stable release||7.1 / 10 SEP, 2007|
webMethods Integration Server is one of the core application servers in the webMethods platform. It is a Java-based, multiplatform enterprise integration server. It supports the integration of diverse services, such as mapping data between formats and communication between systems. An integration server may also be known as an Enterprise Service Bus.
The Integration Server supports Java, C/C++ programming languages for writing services as well as a proprietary graphical language known as flow. It also supports graphical configuration of 3rd party system operations via the concept of "Adapter services".
The Integration Server exposes its administration, configuration and auditing facilities to the user via an HTML web interface.
- webMethods Flow
- webMethods DSP (Dynamic Server Pages)
- SQL (via graphical adapter services)
- FTP/FTPS (FTPS from 6.5 onwards)
Protocols/Standards (additional packages)
- JMS (Java Messaging Service)
- Microsoft .net
The Integration Server also contains embedded Apache Tomcat and JBoss J2EE application servers allowing for use of the full J2EE stack (JSP/Servlets through to Enterprise Java Beans).
The following is a list of the significant releases for the webMethods Integration Server.
- webMethods Integration Server 7.1.2 - September 2008
- webMethods Integration Server 7.1.1 - January 2008
- webMethods Integration Server 7.1 - August 2007
- webMethods Integration Server 6.5 SP3 - October 2007
- webMethods Integration Server 6.5 SP2 - December 2006
- webMethods Integration Server 6.5 SP1 - June 2006
- webMethods Integration Server 6.1 SP2 - July 2006
- webMethods Integration Server 6.1 SP1 - March 2006
- webMethods Integration Server 6.1 FP2 - July 2004
- webMethods Integration Server 6.1 - January 2004
- webMethods Integration Server 6.0.1 - March 2003
- webMethods Integration Server 4.6 - December 2001 (name change previously "webMethods B2B Server")
- webMethods B2B Server 4.0.2 - September 2001
- webMethods B2B Server 4.0.1 - May 2001
- webMethods B2B Server 4.0 - March 2001 (name change, previously "webMethods B2B Integration Server")
- webMethods B2B Integration Server 3.6 - October 2000
- webMethods B2B Integration Server 3.5.1 - September 2000
- webMethods B2B Integration Server 3.5 - August 2000
- webMethods B2B Integration Server 3.1.2 - May 2000 (estimate)
- webMethods B2B Integration Server 3.1 - March 2000 (estimate)
The application server itself runs on top of Java (1.4.X in version 6.X of the Integration Server).
Installation of the product is via the webMethods Installer program.
- webMethods - Company
- webMethods Developer - The IDE for development functions
- SAP Business Connector - A branded version of the Integration Server for SAP R/3 Users
WebMethods was acquired by Software AG
- Software AG
- www.wmusers.com - independent user group site
- crash course on webMethods Integration server - blog giving an intro to the Integration Server
- Service Profiler for webMethods Integration Server - 3rd party tool.