From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Web Socket protocol client implementations try to detect if the user agent is configured to use a proxy when connecting to destination host and port and, if it is, uses HTTP CONNECT method to set up a persistent tunnel.
The Web Socket protocol specification defines two new URI schemes, ws: and wss:, for unencrypted and encrypted connections. Apart from the scheme name, the rest of the URI components are defined to use URI generic syntax.
- Google Chrome, client support since version 18.104.22.168
- Mozilla Firefox, client implementation of native Web Sockets  Targeted release is Firefox 3.7.
- Apple Safari, based on Webkit. No new release announced.
- Kaazing, Websocket Gateway, production since April 2009, including client-side Websocket emulation support for browsers without native implementation of Web Socket APIs. Runs on the Java software platform. Currently released version 9.06_7.
- Jetty, since version 7.0.1, the HTTP server and servlet container provides a Web Sockets server in Java
- Cramp, Realtime web application framework for Ruby, extends Thin/Rainbows to support Web Sockets handshaking and provides Jetty servlet like mechanism for sending/receiving data over Web Sockets.
- Netty, this patch provides support for upgrading an HTTP connection to the Web Sockets protocol and provides support for encoding and decoding Web Socket frames in Java
- phpwebsocket, a quick hack to implement Web Sockets client and server in PHP
- phpwebsockets, a bit more complex but still experimental Web Sockets Server PHP
- web-socket-js, an experimental client implementation based on Flash
- web-socket-ruby, an experimental client and server implementation in Ruby
- mod_pywebsocket, an experimental extension for the Apache HTTP Server
- ↑ , a post on the Chromium Blog announcing Web Sockets in Chrome, Chromium, and WebKit.
- ↑ , in progress and described in Mozilla's bugzilla.
- WebSockets.de, a german web-site dedicated to Web Sockets
- The Web Socket protocol Internet-Draft submitted to IETF
- HTML5 Web Sockets W3C draft specification
- WebSockets.org, a web-site dedicated to Web Sockets
- IANA Uniform Resource Identifer (URI) Schemes
- WebSocket Games in Python with Tornado An explanation about how to build games using WebSockets and Python
|File:Crystal Clear app browser.png||This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|