From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Initial release||June 26, 2003|
Mac OS X/Darwin
|License||GNU General Public License 3|
WeeChat (Wee Enhanced Environment for Chat) is a console IRC client, which is fast and light. It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License 3 and has been developed since 2003. There is also a GTK+ interface available and a Qt interface planned.
Everything can be done with a keyboard. It is customizable and extensible with plugins and scripts.
WeeChat supports IPv6, SSL and proxy connections to as many IRC servers as one wants. The screen can be split up to display multiple windows at the same time. WeeChat also provides incremental text search in buffers, aspell support for spell checking, a smart hotlist, scripting support for many languages (Perl, Python, Ruby, Lua, Tcl), FIFO pipes for remote control and support for multiple charsets.
WeeChat supports a wide variety of platforms and operating systems, including Linux, various BSD derivations (FreeBSD, NetBSD,OpenBSD), Mac OS X, Debian GNU/Hurd / Debian GNU/kFreeBSD, HP-UX, Solaris, QNX, OpenBeOS and Microsoft Windows (via the Cygwin library and API).
Ready-to-use packages and builds of WeeChat are available for a variety of platforms and operating systems. It is also distributed with many Linux distributions, including Debian, Ubuntu, Mandriva Linux, Fedora, Gentoo, and Arch Linux. WeeChat is also available to FreeBSD users via the FreeBSD Ports system.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "WeeChat: Supported Operating Systems". 2009-03-04. http://www.weechat.org/download. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Arbeiten in der Konsole (II) - WeeChat
- ↑ "WeeChat: Features". http://www.weechat.org/features/. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- ↑ "WeeChat: Downloads". 2009-03-04. http://www.weechat.org/download. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- ↑ "Debian: WeeChat packages". http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=weechat&searchon=names&suite=all§ion=all. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- ↑ "Ubuntu: WeeChat packages". http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=weechat&searchon=names&suite=all§ion=all. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- ↑ "Mandriva: WeeChat packages". http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/view/rpms/Application/weechat. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- ↑ "Fedora: WeeChat packages". https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/weechat. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- ↑ "Gentoo: WeeChat packages". http://packages.gentoo.org/package/net-irc/weechat. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- ↑ "Arch Linux: WeeChat packages". http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?q=weechat. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
- ↑ "FreeBSD Ports: WeeChat". http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/irc/weechat/. Retrieved 2009-04-14.
|File:Commons-logo.svg||Wikimedia Commons has media related to: WeeChat|