From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Yukihiro Matsumoto at the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest in Tokyo, 14 March 2007
|Born||April 14, 1965|
|Occupation||Computer scientist, programmer, author|
|Religious beliefs||Mormon|
Yukihiro Matsumoto (まつもとゆきひろ Matsumoto Yukihiro , a.k.a. Matz, born 14 April 1965) is a Japanese computer scientist and software programmer best known as the chief designer of the Ruby programming language and its reference implementation, Matz's Ruby Interpreter (MRI).
Born in Osaka Prefecture, he was raised in Tottori Prefecture from the age of four. According to an interview conducted by Japan Inc., he was a self-taught programmer until the end of high school. He graduated with an information science degree from Tsukuba University, where he associated himself with research departments dealing with programming languages and compilers.
As of 2009[update], Matsumoto is the head of the research and development department at the Network Applied Communication Laboratory, an open source systems integrator company in Shimane Prefecture. He is the fellow of Rakuten Institute of Technology, an R&D organization in Rakuten Inc. He is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and served as a missionary for the church. Matsumoto is married and has four children.
- (Japanese) Matz's web diary (and translated to English with Google Translate)
- An interview by Artima Developer
- Ruby Design Principles talk from IT Conversations
- (Spanish) An Interview in Spanish published on 24 November 2005
- The Ruby Programming Language - An introduction to the language by its own author
- Treating Code as an Essay - Matz's writeup for the book Beautiful Code, edited by Andy Oram, Greg Wilson, O'Reilly, 2007. ISBN 0596510047 ISBN 9780596510046Template:Japan-scientist-stub
|File:Gnome-system.png||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
cs:Jukihiro Macumoto de:Yukihiro Matsumoto es:Yukihiro Matsumoto eo:Matsumoto Yukihiro fr:Yukihiro Matsumoto gl:Yukihiro Matsumoto ko:마쓰모토 유키히로 hr:Jukihiro Macumoto it:Yukihiro Matsumoto ms:Yukihiro Matsumoto nl:Yukihiro Matsumoto ja:まつもとゆきひろ pl:Yukihiro Matsumoto pt:Yukihiro Matsumoto ru:Мацумото, Юкихиро fi:Yukihiro Matsumoto sv:Yukihiro Matsumoto th:ยุกิฮิโระ มะสึโมะโตะ tr:Yukihiro Matsumoto zh-yue:松本行弘 zh:松本行弘