Zeus Web Server
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Zeus is designed to be a high-performance web server and was commonly used by hardware vendors submitting SPECweb99 benchmarks for their hardware. The SPECweb99 benchmark was retired in 2005 and replaced by SPECweb2005. While some SPECweb2005 submissions were made using Zeus, as of 2008 it is no longer among the top performers.
In addition to static content serving, Zeus supports dynamic content via CGI, FastCGI, Apache JServ, ISAPI, NSAPI, mod_perl, SSI and Zeus Distributed Authentication and Content (ZDAC), a proprietary FastCGI-like protocol. While Zeus mainly competes with other commercial web servers such as Sun Java System Web Server, it also claims a high degree of compatibility with Apache HTTP Server (e.g. .htaccess and mod_rewrite), with the expectation that Apache users will migrate to Zeus as their server load increases. NSAPI and ISAPI are supported to ease migrations from Microsoft IIS and Sun Java System Web Server.
- ↑ "ZWS: selected platforms - end-of-life announcement (News)". Zeus. 10 December 2007. http://support.zeus.com/zws/news/2007/12/10/zws_platform_eol_dec2007. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- ↑ "Web Server Software". Zeus. http://www.zeus.com/products/zws. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- ↑ "All SPECweb99 Results". SPEC. Nov 21 2005. http://www.spec.org/web99/results/web99.html. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- ↑ "Retired SPEC Benchmarks". SPEC. http://spec.org/retired.html. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- ↑ "All SPECweb2005 Results". SPEC. Dec 19 2008. http://spec.org/web2005/results/web2005.html. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- ↑ Clyman, John (2002-01-15). "Zeus Web Server 4.0". Server's Advantage PC Magazine Editor's Choice Winner (PC Magazine). http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,11536,00.asp. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Zeus Technology's corporate site
- Examples and How-To's
- Getting Started with Zeus Web Server 4.3 PDF 0.8MB
- Zeus Web Server 4.3 User Guide PDF 3.58MB
|File:Bus icon.svg||This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|