If you like SEOmastering Forum, you can support it by - BTC: bc1qppjcl3c2cyjazy6lepmrv3fh6ke9mxs7zpfky0 , TRC20 and more...

 

Struggling with Google traffic

Started by den_rocks, 08-07-2026, 09:25:06

Previous topic - Next topic

den_rocksTopic starter

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to seo and google search optimization so I hope this isn't a silly question
I've started an ecom business selling digital guides (pdf s, checklists) with ecomzy, and right now almost all my traffic comes from social media and direct links. Google search barely sends me anything, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
How do I check if my store pages are actually indexed by Google? Is there a simple way to see if Google even knows my site exists?
  •  


link_legacy

The easiest way is to search Google for site:yourdomain.com and see if your pages show up; you can also add the site to Google Search Console, which will tell you which pages are indexed and whether Google is finding any issues.
  •  

exhibitionvulgar

I've been researching Google traffic issues recently, and I'm quite interested in how different techniques may affect exposure. Given the importance of user engagement in SEO.
  •  


pinkiepie2

I'd start by using site:yourdomain.com in Google to see indexed pages. Then add your site to Search Console for detailed checks.
  •  

pinkiepie2

Start by using Google Search Console to check indexing and fix any issues.
  •  

Gabriel7979

The short answer: the site: search gives a rough indication, but Google Search Console is the real source of truth here.

A couple of things worth checking on a setup like yours:

1. Verify the domain in Search Console and look at the Pages report. It shows exactly how many pages are indexed and which ones got crawled but skipped, with reasons attached. Far more useful than guessing from search results.
2. Submit an XML sitemap. If ecomzy generates one automatically, submit it under Sitemaps in GSC. If not, there are free sitemap generators that will build one from your URL list.
3. Use URL Inspection for any page you're unsure about. You can see whether Googlebot has actually fetched it and request indexing manually if needed.
4. Give it time. Brand-new stores go through a discovery phase before things stabilize, and digital-product pages sometimes get flagged as thin content if they don't have enough unique text on them.

One more thing: make sure your cart, checkout and account pages are set to noindex so crawler attention goes to the pages that can actually rank.
  •  


If you like SEOmastering Forum, you can support it by - BTC: bc1qppjcl3c2cyjazy6lepmrv3fh6ke9mxs7zpfky0 , TRC20 and more...