From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|Born||December 30, 1950|
|Occupation||College of Engineering Chair in Computer Science Professor, Texas A&M University|
|Known for||The creation of C++|
Bjarne Stroustrup (Template:IPA-da; born December 30, 1950 in Århus, Denmark) is a computer scientist, most notable for the creation and the development of the widely used C++ programming language. He is currently Professor and holder of the College of Engineering Chair in Computer Science at the Texas A&M University. A rough English attempt at pronunciation of his name would be "B-yarn-uh Strof-stwoop". As said himself, most native English speakers get 'Bjarne' right, but he often has to say 'Stroo-strup' or 'Strow-strop' to be understood. 
Stroustrup began developing C++ in 1979 (then called "C with Classes"), and, in his own words, "invented C++, wrote its early definitions, and produced its first implementation... chose and formulated the design criteria for C++, designed all its major facilities, and was responsible for the processing of extension proposals in the C++ standards committee." Stroustrup also wrote what many consider to be the standard text for the language, The C++ Programming Language, which is now in its third edition. The text has been revised twice to reflect the evolution of the language and the work of the C++ standards committee.
Education and academic work
Stroustrup has a master's degree in mathematics and computer science (1975) from the University of Aarhus, Denmark, and a Ph.D. in computer science (1979) from the University of Cambridge, England. He was the head of AT&T Lab's Large-scale Programming Research department, from its creation until late 2002. Stroustrup was elected member of the National Academy of Engineering in 2004. He is a Fellow of the ACM (1994) and an IEEE Fellow. He currently works at Texas A&M University as a Professor where he holds the College of Engineering Chair in Computer Science.
- 1993 - ACM Grace Murray Hopper Award
- 2004 - IEEE Computer Society 2004 Computer Entrepreneur Award
- 2005 - William Procter Prize for Scientific Achievement
- 2008 - Dr. Dobb's Excellence in Programming award.
- Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup - Addison-Wesley Professional; 1 edition (December 29, 2008); ISBN 0-321-54372-1
- The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup - Addison-Wesley Pub Co; 3rd edition (February 15, 2000); ISBN 0-201-70073-5
- The Design and Evolution of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup - Addison-Wesley Pub Co; 1st edition (March 29, 1994); ISBN 0-201-54330-3
- The Annotated C++ Reference Manual by Margaret A. Ellis & Bjarne Stroustrup - Addison-Wesley Pub Co; (January 1, 1990); ISBN 0-201-51459-1
- ↑ Bjarne Stroustrup's Homepage
- ↑ How do you pronounce "Bjarne Stroustrup?"
- ↑ The C++ Programming Language, B. Stroustrup, p.10
- ↑ Bjarne Stroustrup: Some Information about Bjarne Stroustrup
|File:Wikiquote-logo-en.svg||Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Bjarne Stroustrup|
- Bjarne Stroustrup's homepage
- Bjarne Stroustrup's Texas A&M homepage
- Meet Bjarne Stroustrup (Video)
- List of interviews with Bjarne Stroustrup
- A Hoax interview transcript with IEEE's Computer magazine.
- The Real Stroustrup Interview (IEEE's Computer magazine June 1998) (alternative)
- Computerworld Interview with Bjarne Stroustrupar:بيارن ستروستروب
bn:বিয়ারনে স্ট্রোভস্ট্রুপ bs:Bjarne Stroustrup bg:Бярне Строуструп cs:Bjarne Stroustrup da:Bjarne Stroustrup de:Bjarne Stroustrup es:Bjarne Stroustrup eo:Bjarne Stroustrup fa:بییارنه استراستروپ fr:Bjarne Stroustrup ko:비야네 스트롭스트룹 hr:Bjarne Stroustrup id:Bjarne Stroustrup it:Bjarne Stroustrup hu:Bjarne Stroustrup ml:ബ്യാന് സ്ട്രൗസ്ട്രെപ് mr:ब्यार्न स्त्राऊस्त्रुप nl:Bjarne Stroustrup ja:ビャーネ・ストロヴストルップ no:Bjarne Stroustrup pl:Bjarne Stroustrup pt:Bjarne Stroustrup ro:Bjarne Stroustrup ru:Страуструп, Бьёрн simple:Bjarne Stroustrup sr:Бјарне Строуструп fi:Bjarne Stroustrup sv:Bjarne Stroustrup tr:Bjarne Stroustrup uk:Бьярн Страуструп vi:Bjarne Stroustrup zh:比雅尼·斯特劳斯特鲁普