From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
Major browser JS engines:
- Rhino, managed by the Mozilla Foundation, open source, developed entirely in Java
- V8 - open source, developed by Google in Denmark, part of Google Chrome
- Narcissus open source, written by Brendan Eich, who also wrote the first SpiderMonkey
Note that there is a distinction between a dialect and an implementation. A dialect of a language is significant variation of the language, while an implementation of a language/dialect executes a program written in that dialect.
|Application||Dialect and latest version||ECMAScript edition|
and JScript extensions 
|ECMA-262, edition 3|
- ↑ Garen, Geoffrey (2008-06-02). "Announcing SquirrelFish". http://webkit.org/blog/189/announcing-squirrelfish/. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- ↑ Lipskas, Vygantas (2008-06-11). "Apple Safari 4". http://www.favbrowser.com/apple-safari-4/. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- ↑ Speed test: Google Chrome beats Firefox, IE, Safari - Business Tech, CNET News
- ↑ Big browser comparison test: Internet Explorer vs. Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome, PC Games Hardware
- ↑ Lifehacker Speed Tests: Safari 4, Chrome 2, and More - Browsers, Lifehacker
- ↑ Third Chrome beta another notch faster - News, Builder AU
- ↑ Step aside, Chrome, for Squirrelfish Extreme - News, Builder AU
- ↑ Firefox counters Google's browser speed test - Business Tech, CNET News