From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (February 2009)|
- Sorting, filtering, highlighting for tables, trees, and lists
- Login/authentication framework
- TreeTable component
- Collapsible panel component
- Date picker component
- Tip-of-the-Day component
The aim of the project is to experiment new or enhanced GUI functionalities that are required by Rich client applications. It acts as a testbed for ideas related to client side technologies.
Integration into Java API
Successful project components are eventually incorporated into the core Swing toolkit for future Java versions, although API compatibility is not guaranteed. Examples of these are:
- the Template:Javadoc:SE manager in Java SE 6.
- incorporation of the Template:Javadoc:SE in Java SE 6.
- the new Template:Javadoc:SE class in Java SE 6, which allows to launch easily associated applications registered on the native desktop, as for example : launching the user-default browser, launching the user-default mail client, launching a registered application to open, edit or print a specified file.
The project is distributed under a LGPL license.
The swingLabs project is divided into several sub-projects. For example :
- swingX: provides extensions to the Java Swing GUI toolkit.
- JDIC: as for JDesktop Integration Components, a project aims to make Java applications first-class citizens of current desktop platforms without sacrificing platform independence. Its mission is to enable seamless desktop/Java integration.
- nimbus: a Look and feel using synth, the Java skinnable look and feel.
- swingLayout: the home of the Template:Javadoc:SE manager, before inclusion in Java SE 6.
- JDNC: Contained components that allow to build easily Swing-based rich-client Java applications. The project is no more actively maintained. It has been replaced by Swing Application Framework (JSR 296)
- scenegraph: A library that provide 2D Scene graph functionality to Java 2D, including Swing widgets. This library is used internally by the JavaFX Script language.
- PDFRenderer: A 100% pure Java PDF viewer library.