PHP For Applications
From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
P4A - PHP For Applications is a RAD and object oriented web application framework written in PHP (version 5), for building event-driven stateful web applications. It is based on Zend Framework and features tableless HTML, multiple databases, accesskey support, auto data type recognition, transparent AJAX, UTF-8, i18n/l10n.
P4A started in 2003.
- 100% PHP5
- Compatible with PHP 5.2.x, Apache 1.3.x/2.0.x and Microsoft IIS 6.0 web servers on Linux/Unix/Windows operating systems
- Completely object oriented and event based programming
- Based on [Zend Framework] 1.5 (using Zend_Date, Zend_Db, Zend_Locale, Zend_Validate, Zend_Translate)
- Stateful as a classical client application
- Easy access to all major database engines (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite) through Zend_DB, with automatic data input mask generation
- Multiple database connections at the same time
- Automatic database data type recognition and consequent functionalities for automatic formatting and normalizing (integers, decimals, floats, date and time formats, booleans) coherent with the national locale settings
- Many user interface elements (Widgets) such as single line or multiple lines text fields with advanced rich WYSIWYG text editing support, checkboxes, single/multiple selection fields, tables, buttons, tree navigators, toolbars, fieldsets etc...
- WYSIWYG advanced editor (FCKeditor) with file upload
- methods calls chainability
- 440 locales supported (numeric and date formats) thanks to the ZF implementation of the Unicode's CLDR
- More than 40 translations bundled
- Completely UTF-8
- Hyper customizable with color schemas, icons packs, additional CSS
Current stable version is version 3.2.