From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
The Spry framework broadly consists of
- Spry Effects - animation effects like blind, fade, grow, highlight, shake, slide and squish.
- Spry Widgets - framework for development of widgets, and included widgets such as the accordion. CRC
Spry is currently in beta. The current version is 1.6.1. Adobe has not specified a target release date for the Spry framework, nor has it posted any sort of roadmap. Spry prerelease 1.5 was released on May 17, 2007
- Ajax development within an IDE such as Eclipse (software).
- Ajax generation from server code using ColdFusion. Ruby on Rails offers similar functionality.
- Ajax application generation from Adobe Flex code. OpenLaszlo will offer similar functionality with their "Legals" release (version 4).
Spry competes with a number of other Ajax frameworks and toolkits:
- Atlas Framework from Microsoft
- Dojo Toolkit
- Google Web Toolkit
- Prototype and Script.aculo.us
- Yahoo! UI Library
- ↑ Darryl K. Taft (2006-05-11). "Adobe Adds Spry Framework for AJAX". eWeek. http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/Adobe-Adds-Spry-Framework-for-AJAX/. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- ↑ Jim Dalrymple (2007-03-27). "Dreamweaver CS3 integrates Spry framework for Ajax". Macworld. http://www.macworld.com/article/56994/2007/03/cs3dweaver.html. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- ↑ Dreamweaver product page - reasons to upgrade