From Seo Wiki - Search Engine Optimization and Programming Languages
XBasic is a variant of the BASIC programming language that was developed in the late 1980s for the Motorola 88000 CPU and Unix by Max Reason. In the early 1990s it was ported to Windows and Linux, and since 1999 it has been available as open source software with its runtime library under the LGPL license. Max Reason discontinued his support, and development since has been overseen by Eddie Penninkhof. Together with a few other enthusiastic programmers, XBasic is slowly being further developed and improved.
- Editor (writing computer code)
- Compiler (creating code)
- Debugger (checking for errors)
- Libraries (ready made 'internal' code to call on)
- GuiDesigner (creates the 'look and feel' of the program)
' Programs contain: ' 1. A PROLOG with type/function/constant declarations. ' 2. This Entry() function where execution begins. ' 3. Zero or more additional functions. ' FUNCTION Entry () PRINT "Hello World" PRINT 2+2 PRINT 44/12 PRINT 33*3 END FUNCTION
Version 6.2.3 is the latest stable release.
XBasic 6.2.3 was released on 27 October 2002.
The binary downloads are 2.5-3MB. The source download is 1.5MB.
- XBasic development page
- Downloads, documentation, links and resources
- Download Xbasic
- XBASIC at Sourceforge
- Making your first GUI Tutorial
- Making a Standalone Executable
- XBLite homepage